Sunday, August 16, 2009

So its about 9:30 when I am starting this blog, its Sunday, and Mrs. Koning is back at work. By back at work I mean, we just got back from vacation. This is Tanya's first day at work since we spent a week at Maranatha, with my immediate family, (this means you too, Erika.) I would also like to add, I have 3 cups of coffee, and some delicious breakfast tacos in my belly, fueling me.
And that's a great place to start. I was awake this morning around 6:30ish this morning, when my wife kissed me goodbye. I laid in bed for an hour or so, and with a few minor setbacks, I eventually got my wits about me enough to head to "The Shoe" for the previously mentioned deliciousness. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and The Wooden Shoe Restaurant is second to none. The real reason I went however, was I wanted to see the blond haired waitress I have had a crush on for the last several years. Last night I had the privilege of taking her out to dinner and then some shopping for an upcoming tropical getaway we have planned. I came around the corner last night to grab a shirt before we left, and spotted her in a little black dress, and her recently tanned skin, and her big blues eyes, and the beginning of a thought started to form in my head. We went to CrazyHorse for dinner and splurged just alittle more than we might, and then hit Kohls and then DQ to split a blizzard. We then took the short drive home playfully arguing over who was eating the greater share of the ice cream. Back at my apartment, we turned on the Tiger game and made short work of what was left. Game, well in hand, my date grabbed a book she had just bought, and not too long after, went to get some sleep since she had her first day back at work in about a week.
My wife in bed, and the Tigers victorious, I put the pieces of my earlier thought together. Vacation was great. We went to the beach almost everyday, the weather was perfect and Lake Michigan was clear and warm enough to swim in when the sun got to hot. I loved sleeping in, and ate a lot (maybe too much) good food. Hanging out in close proximity with my family is always an adventure, and the speakers were great. But it hit me. Coming home isn't something to be sad about. It wasn't just "awl-right" (inside joke, stupid hootie). Its awesome. I love my life, its definitely more than I deserve. I love my apartment. I love the peace and quiet. If it allowed dogs, i'd want to stay a couple more years. I missed our bed, (In Muskegon we had to a room ourselves... with two single beds...)I love the town where I live, I can be at the beach in 5 minutes if I am so inclined and the people around here, are my kind of people. I got great family, the ones I was born with, and the ones I inherited. I feel like they are two halves that balance out the person I am. Then there is Tanya. Last night I got to go on a date with a beautiful, sexy, incredible girl, who can turn my head, just in the hallway of our little place. In a cocktail dress and heels, or blue jeans and a t-shirt. She can amaze me anytime she wants too, and she amazes me even without trying. We have two more vacations this year. One up north, and one to the Dominican. I am excited for both. Just dont ask me if I am more excited than i am about my day-to-day life around here. Becuase to be honest? its a tough call...

No comments: