Thursday, August 27, 2009

On the road again...

So we just completed vacation number 2 for August! Now, before you hate us too much for taking 2 vacations in a month, we justified it by not having taken an entire week off for our wedding. Boom: justified! This time we hung with my (Tanya's) family, an entirley different vacation. Not in a bad or good way, just different :) We come from 2 very different families in some ways, so we get the best of both worlds. My parents rented a cottage on Burt Lake for a week, and invited the kids/grandkids up for a few days.

A little Burt Lake background: This is the place my family vacationed EVERY summer from before I was born until about 12 years ago when my grandparents sold their cottage. I hadn't been back since, so I was beyond excited to go! While we stayed at a different part of the lake at a different resort, much was the same and childhood memories came flooding back to my brother and I! I even insisted on buying my 5 year old nephew a minnow net, because thats what we used to do.

Have Swedish Fish will travel

Ahhh we made it! View from the cottage


Kolbee playing on the swings
So, on the first day of swimming, Kolbee and Tim put their suits on, and they matched!


So on the 2nd day of swimming, Kolbee and Tim put their suits on, and they matched again! Same color shirt and all!

Mom and dad rented a pontoon boat for the family

We went to Hoppies!!! Its a restaurant on the other side of the lake that can drive your boat to and walk about 100ft the the restaurant. They have awesome food and it was another "childhood memory"

We had such an awesome time! While it was a little crowded (9 people, including 2 pre-teen girls and a 5 yr. old) it was definatley something we would love to do again next year! Sadly, no fish were caught, including minnows.

No comments: